Covid 19 Update
Welcome back to Scotland's wide-open spaces! - updated 26 April 2021
We re-opened in Scotland on Monday 26 April 2021 following the First Minister's recent announcement regarding the easing of lockdown. We will provide more details when we have them, especially around the islands where further announcements are awaited. Please pay balances when they become due for all holidays, your money is protected and we hope to operate all advertised tours!
Should any tour be cancelled by us for any reason, you are entitled to a full refund or transfer to another departure. Should you be unable to attend any tour because of your local restrictions, we will be both sympathetic and flexible, and seek to transfer your booking to another, later holiday. There will be no admin charge for this service.
Heatherlea Covid 19 Policy - updated April 2021
We know how vital it is for all our guests and staff to feel safe whilst with Heatherlea. In response to Covid19, we have revisited our practices and procedures to make sure we deliver high standards of service at all times. At Mountview Hotel we have earned the accreditation that 'We're Good to Go' and ready to welcome guests.
This is what you can expect on your Heatherlea holiday:
Before your arrival:
- You will receive a copy of our Covid19 Policy and procedures so that you are fully informed and can see the measures we are taking. We will require you to confirm that you are symptom free and have not come into contact with anyone testing positive for Covid19 and have not been contacted by Test & Trace, within 14 days before arrival date.
- We have developed appropriate Risk Assessments for all parts of the Heatherlea and Mountview Hotel operation. This has enabled us to make sure staff are fully trained and up to date on new practices. PPE is available for all staff.
- Your room will be deep cleaned and sanitised to a high standard.
- We will again require you to confirm you are symptom free and have not come into contact with anyone with Covid19 within the past 14 days.
- Housekeeping standards at the Mountview have never been higher with emphasis being placed on high risk areas for extra cleaning and attention. During your stay guest rooms will not be serviced, to reduce risk of transmission. Guests can request a change of towels at any time.
- Room keys will be sanitised and left in your room door prior to arrival.
During your stay:
- Hand Sanitiser is provided in all guest bedrooms and in public areas of the hotel. We request that you also bring your own supply for personal use.
- Dining space in our hotel has been adapted to maintain social distancing whilst allowing guests to enjoy their dining experience. There will still be ample opportunity for a review of the day and birdlist.
- Our hotel and restaurant is closed to non-residents. This maximises your safety within a ‘Heatherlea Bubble’.
In the field:
- In our minibuses, we will take a maximum of five clients per vehicle, so each person will travel with an adjacent empty seat next to them and everyone will wear face coverings whilst inside the minibus.
- Our minibuses will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised at the end of each day.
- As always, lunch will be enjoyed in the outdoors, and you will be given a personal labelled lunch box and cup to use. Hand sanitiser will be available in the minibuses at all times and we ask you to bring your own too.
- When your Heatherlea holiday involves staying overnight away from the Mountview Hotel, we’ll provide you with full details of measures our partners are taking with respect to Covid19.
For the safety of other guests, staff and our local community, we politely request that all guests follow current Scottish Government Covid19 guidelines at all times.
(Please be aware this policy is subject to change and update without notice).