Covid 19 Update - June 2022
Welcome back to Scotland's wide-open spaces!
We are now fully open around the world, subject to regulations in individual countries. If you are booked, please pay balances for all holidays when they become due, your money is protected and we expect to operate all advertised tours!
Should any tour be cancelled by us for any reason, you are entitled to a full refund or transfer to another departure. COVID restrictions are now ending in the UK, though should you be unable to attend any UK tour because of COVID, we will be sympathetic and flexible.
For overseas tours, we are in regular contact with our many friends and agents worldwide, and hope to operate all advertised 2022 tours. The health and safety of our clients will always be our top priority when decided whether or not to run a particlar tour. Naturally, we seek to minimise the number of holidays that are rearranged or refunded due to cancellation. While many countries are now coping well, each has its own entry criteria, please check the latest updates on the FCDO website. It will unfortunately be some time before all international birding tours return to normality.
Please note we are also monitoring the situation in countries affected by unrest in Eastern Europe, and this might also affect our ability to run holidays.
Heatherlea Covid 19 Policy
We know how vital it is for all our guests and staff to feel safe whilst with Heatherlea. In response to Covid 19, we revisited our practices and procedures to make sure we deliver high standards of service at all times. The 'We're Good to Go' Scheme has now ended, though we were proud to step up to the challenge, which enabled us to keep our visitors safe.
This is what you can expect on your Heatherlea holiday in the UK:
Before your arrival at Mountview Hotel in Scotland:
You will receive a copy of our Covid19 Policy and procedures so that you are fully informed and can see the measures we are taking. We will require you to confirm that you are symptom free and have not come into contact with anyone testing positive for Covid -19 within 10 days before arrival date.
We have developed appropriate Risk Assessments for all parts of the Heatherlea and Mountview Hotel operation. This has enabled us to make sure staff are fully trained and up to date on new practices. PPE is available for all staff and clients.
Your room will be deep cleaned and sanitised to a high standard.
- We will again require you to confirm you are symptom free and have not come into contact with anyone with Covid19 within the past 10 days.
- Housekeeping standards at the Mountview have never been higher with emphasis being placed on high risk areas for extra cleaning and attention.
- Room keys will be sanitised and left in your room door prior to arrival.
During your stay:
- Hand Sanitiser is provided in all guest bedrooms and in public areas of the hotel. We request that you also bring your own supply for personal use.
- Our hotel and restaurant remains closed to non-residents with the exception of Heatherlea birding clients. This maximises your safety within a ‘Heatherlea Bubble’.
In the field:
- Our minibuses take a maximum of seven clients per vehicle. We request that face coverings be worn whilst inside the minibus.
- Our minibuses will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised at the end of each day.
- As always, lunch will be enjoyed in the outdoors, and you will be given a personally labelled lunch box and cup to use. Hand sanitiser will be available in the minibuses at all times and we ask you to bring your own too.
- When your Heatherlea holiday involves staying overnight away from the Mountview Hotel, we’ll provide you with full details of measures our partners are taking with respect to Covid19.
For the safety of other guests, staff and our local community, we politely request that all guests follow current Scottish Government Covid19 guidelines at all times.
(Please be aware this policy is subject to change and update without notice).