If it's Scotland, it HAS to be Heatherlea!
Why choose Heatherlea? - 50 great reasons!
Birding in Scotland is more popular than ever before, and we believe Heatherlea is your natural choice for guided tours in this wonderful part of the world. With thirty full seasons experience of delivering exceptional holidays, and based in the ideal location for birding tours, we offer everything you need. Come and join us!
TOP FIELD SERVICES
- All the birds, throughout the Highlands and Islands
- Mammals, insects and flora too
- All the iconic Highland habitats from mountain top and moors to coasts and pelagics
- All key Scottish islands including Skye, Mull, Outer Hebrides, Shetland, Orkney and many more
- A wealth of tour experience. Hundreds of tours delivered to thousands of happy customers!
- Very high ratio of clients have 'Been Before'
- Leading local guides with excellent birding ability
- Up to date info on breeding and migrating species
- Tours designed specifically '... for birders ...'
- Flexible itinerary to maximise birding
- Exclusive private access for Capercaillie
- NEW! Exclusive private access for Golden Eagle and other raptors
- Our own vehicles, serviced and maintained locally
- 'Easy walking' tour option
- Five Stars from VisitScotland, classified 'Exceptional', the top available rating
- Excellent lunches in the field, included in the price
OUR PERFECT LOCATION
- Mountview Hotel, Nethy Bridge is in the heart of Scottish birding country
- Our Hotel is fully owned by Heatherlea, and run BY birders FOR birders!
- Quiet picturesque village location with good birding close at hand
- Small Hotel currently closed to non-residents
- Exclusive use of Hotel for birding clients during Covid
- Comfortable rooms with en-suite, hot drinks tray and TV
- Top chefs cater for you throughout with imaginative menus
- Finest Scottish ingredients, many sourced locally including adjacent Balliefurth Farm
- Hotel garden for the freshest vegetables and herbs
- Dietary requirements catered for
- Meals timed to suit birding
- Hotel staff who understand your hobby
- Licenced hotel bar with wide choice of drinks
- Close to village shop
COMPREHENSIVE HOLIDAY CHOICE
- 47 full Mainland weeks each year, from January until late November
- 25 itineraries, a wealth of choice whenever you come
- Additional mainland locations from Perth to Solway
- Island overnights (two centres) during Mainland week
- 30+ dedicated island tours
- All major islands covered, including some you never heard of!
- All ferries included in holiday price
FABULOUS VALUE FOR MONEY
- Great value fully inclusive tours
- Short Breaks at unbeatable prices
- No single supplement
- Eight day holidays include six full days birding
- Seven nights Hotel DBB
- Very detailed itineraries
- Trip Report available after holiday
- Experienced full time office team based in the Highlands
- Company owned and run Hotel
- Courtesy collection/return to Aviemore
- Checklist designed for your holiday
- Free printed 'Scottish Checklist'
- Heatherlea clothing including our famous 'Beanie'!
That's why we say,
'Do it the Heatherlea Way!'