NEW! Extremadura in winter
Raptors, Bustards and more at one of Spain's premier birding destinations
£175 single supplement. Deposit £300
pre-flight airport hotel and lounge are inc.
|Max Group Size||7 per guide|
Please note: all itineraries are given as a guide only. Actual holiday content may vary according to the judgement of your guide, and elements beyond our control (eg weather).
- CANARIES – Tenerife, La Gomera and Fuerteventura
- NEW! Picos Mountains and Meseta Plains
- NEW! Spain for birds and butterflies
- Spain - Andalucia for autumn migration and Iberian specialities
- Spain - Birding and Lynx, Andujar plus Coto Donana
- Spain - Catalonia and south-east Aragon
- Spain - Extremadura
- Spain: Picos de Europa Mountains
Why choose Heatherlea for your birding and wildlife holiday in Europe?
Our overseas holidays are planned with care to offer great birding and wildlife, led by capable Leaders who really look after you. Every holiday is run the 'Heatherlea Way', and we hope our Overseas Adventures remind you of the quality and care so many of you enjoy in Scotland. That means rewarding and exciting days in the field, and good quality accommodation and meals, with a real flavour of the country we are visiting. Heatherlea always seek to include the personal touches that make all the difference.
Heatherlea holidays are not ‘dawn to dusk’ expeditions. Our less-intensive approach is ideal for those who want to relax whilst experiencing the best wildlife watching, and wherever possible we organise early or late activity on an optional basis. We also take sensible breaks when in very hot places and regular comfort breaks on every holiday whenever possible. All itineraries are planned carefully around the best wildlife opportunities, and you won’t miss out on memorable wildlife, whilst enjoying relaxed, informal days that are great fun.
The really important part of any wildlife holiday is the experience for you, our valued customer. Heatherlea invest in many things to offer you the best possible service;
- We have been organising birding and wildlife holidays for over 30 seasons, and have a highly experienced and capable office team. We also offer a telephone and email service outside normal office hours.
- Heatherlea overseas holidays have a maximum of 12 clients per trip, putting the emphasis on personal service, and helping you get the best possible experience.
- Our holidays often include things which others might invite you to pay yourself, for instance Departure Taxes and tips to hotels.
- All elements of our holidays are sold under our own licence, ATOL 6113. Under ‘Flight-Plus’ legislation it is a legal requirement of any tour operator to hold an ATOL licence for the supply of any overseas holiday where a flight is involved, if that holiday includes either overseas accommodation and/or car hire. It can be a criminal offence for an operator to book flights as part of a package without an ATOL licence. Heatherlea also hold full Tour Operator Insurance for your added protection.
- Heatherlea is your complete wildlife holiday provider. Our ‘Back Office’ team can organise all your pre-flight and other travel needs. Our specialists will help you book the right services, at the best price. Book holiday extensions through us, and your ATOL protection is extended further. We don’t charge extra for this service.
- Heatherlea is a limited company, registered in Scotland, and registered to pay VAT (applies to all holidays within the European Union).